I moved in with Jeff last tuesday. We have been doing a LOT of renovating. We have torn out the walls on 2 sides of his kitchen (including 2 closets), opening it up to the diningroom and hallway. It makes the condo look a whole lot bigger. We also created a large window between the diningroom and living room, and made a pillar where we tore out the kitchen walls. Lots of screws, 2x4s, dry wall, and mud! The last couple days we have been trying to renovate the bathroom, which simply has a toilet. We had to have a plumer come and move the tub drain coming out of the floor so that we can put in the shower. He had been waiting on this plumer since he bought the condo 2.5 months ago. We have thin set the "shower pan", for lack of a better name, to the floor, put in the shower head, the on/off knob, added bracing to the walls around the shower, and put in concrete backer-board.
I am not sure what they have done today (jeff and his dad who flew in town to help this week), because I have been at the shopping center about 1.5 miles away. Why you ask? I turned in an application at Trader Joe's this morning. When I turned it in, the manager interviewed me ON THE SPOT, which i was not expecting. He simply stated, "We believe in first impressions", like it was not an uncommon practice. After the initial interview, he told me that I should expect a call later that afternoon. The call came an hour and a half later while I was next door at Panara. She interviewed me immediately! I am so in love with this company already! But i digress... The interview went really well and she seemed very impressed. All of the employees at Trader Joe's are VERY upbeat, like myself. She told me to expect a call by the end of the weekend! So, keep your fingers crossed everyone; this seems like an excellent opportunity!
Talk to you all soon,
Paul
No comments:
Post a Comment